Saturday, October 15, 2005

just one more...



This is a neighbor kid from about 12 years ago- Guillermo I think was his name- I'll never forget his dad's name though, but only because I could never remember it.

He comes over one day and I draw a blank so I call him guy- you know as in "what's up guy?" and "hey guy, want a beer?"- stuff like that. This goes on for 25-30 minutes before my roomie Bruce shows up and says "Hey guy, how you been?"

I follow Bruce in the house and laugh "Man I can never remember his name either"

Bruce: "What do you mean? His name's Guy"

Ooops.

5 Comments:

Blogger Spider Girl said...

I usually have to own up.

Half the time they're relieved because they've forgotten my name too. :)

10/16/2005 6:49 PM  
Blogger KikayC said...

that happens to me all the time...and it really is embarassing sometimes especially when you have to introduce that person to someone you know..it's like.."uh, josh this is my friend...; hey friend, this is josh".

10/17/2005 12:14 AM  
Blogger Tai said...

My favorite trick is to 'forget' to introduce my friend to them, thereby forcing them to introduce themselves and reminding ME of what their name is!

Thanks for 'popping' by my blog (HAHAHAHAHA!!! oops..sorry 'bout that, it's a crying shame when you laugh at your own jokes!)

Your blog is definately going on my 'to read frequently' list!

10/17/2005 7:26 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Hi, thanks for commenting in my blog a while ago. I promise less depressing stuff.. lol

10/19/2005 8:20 AM  
Blogger Steven Tavares said...

I do the "forget to introduce thing", too. Only because it's usually a funky Portuguese name that wouldn't sound right if I don't put an embarrassing accent behind it.

You know,

Hey, this is Luis wouldn't work.

I would have to say, "Hey, this is Luuuuiissssshhhhh."

10/24/2005 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home