Thursday, January 27, 2022

Who are you?


Who are you?
I was listening to an interview today & the guest said a phrase I haven't heard in a long time: 

"Who are you in the movie of your life?"

How do we, how do I view myself? 
Are you the John Wayne? 

The Tom Cruise? 

The Cary Grant?

Some are the hero, the savior, the star of the flick. The lead detective, the superhero, the star of the show.

Me?

I've always seen myself as the Jack Elam.

The third, maybe fourth one down the call sheet.

The guy that doesn't have to be there first thing in the morning, the one that sits around the trailer, reading a book until his two or three lines are ready to be filmed.

Maybe end up on the cutting room floor...but when those few lines make the cut?

You're gonna remember them. 

When Jack Elam was on screen, whether it's Snakey messing with a fly in "Once Upon A Time In The West" or Jake, the 3rd comic relief in "Support Your Local Sheriff", Jack Elam wasn't the main draw, but you couldn't take your eyes off of him.

He was a character.

I want to be a character that adds to YOUR story, I don't necessarily need or want to present MY story, just remember me in yours.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home