Sunday, August 01, 2004

Blogging 101

The LFR http://lunaticfringereport.blogspot.com/ got me started- Wonderbread has a burning desire to express himself, and, as long as he can do so without visiting small children in a bath robe, I'm not only all for it, I've decided to join in.

Spending late nights traveling through this forum has proven to be quite informative-Visiting Blogonia- the political satire, the heartfelt reflections, interior decorator dogs jaytray.blogspot.com , have all been great reading. But My favorite feature of blogger is the profile.

I've tried clicking on my own profile points, which links me to other people with similar interests. Some things surprised me.

Take for instance the fact that only 8 people list Elmore Leonard in their book interests. Popular writer. Lot's of movies made of his books. He's funny and a good read. I would expect that number to be higher.

I know Tom Waits isn't the most widely listened to artist, and was pleasantly surprised to find so many bloggers list him.

Gilroy Ca has 6 bloggers, and, well, lets just say Santa Cruz looks like a good place to hang out now. (Oooh! Sassy!)

Posting pictures of yourself seems to be popular, but I haven't had time to test that out yet- but some of them are pretty good. There's the guy in San Francisco who looks bored silly, or maybe that's just ultra hip, I can't tell anymore.

Humor- Lots of links. I really liked the southern bell kissing the camera who likes both Staind and Donnie Osmond. This alone was worth the search.

I haven't read it all, but Mikey seems like a funny guy "About Me
My brother was born on January 7th, 1989. Twenty days after he was born my parents had sex with a broken condom and I was concieved and born nine months later."

http://mikeythelegend.blogspot.com/
That's all I read so far. I'll have to come back later to see how he turns out.

I don't know what this guy thinks, reads, or is passionate about- but ya' gotta love the photo- That's comedy.http://www.blogger.com/profile/586578

I feel like I'm looking through somebody's windows- hiding in the bushes late at night, peeking in.

Well, if they don't like it I guess they could close the curtains.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home