Friday, June 02, 2006

New venture

I have a new/second/third job that has taken up most of my so called creative talents (hey, I'll call 'em what I want). I am now working for the The Gammy Bird, a local paper where I report on the ships coming into th..... no, wait, that was Kevin Spacey....and we don't have any water here.

I know- I'm now working for The Chino Valley Review, a local paper where I report on the lack of ships coming into our lack of harbor.

I'm a spor..I'm THE sports reporter, photographer. It's probably the most enjoyable job I have ever had because not much is expected of me.

I sent the editor a disk with some of my old pictures on it and she really liked it. The problem is is that she doesn't have a budget for a photographer, so she asked me if i could cover sports for her, all high school and city league stuff. I was scared at first, telling her I have no trouble writing things that are unimportant, but to get things like facts correct is just not my style.

She took a chance and for the past few months I'm playing Scoop Brady.

Here's Wade PArker, freshmen phenom in the state championship- they lost, but he's gonna be one heck of a player...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Amazing photo. Sounds like a fun job. We are amazingly slow where I'm working, due to outsourcing. I'd love to be busy and fulfilled again!

6/02/2006 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home